Raeghan Siemens B.Sc. DTCM, RAc., doula. After receiving her B.Sc from the University of Alberta, Raeghan studied Chinese Medicine at the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Victoria, BC. Compelled by Chinese medicine’s 2000-year-old history of treating woman’s reproductive disorders, Raeghan pursued postgraduate studies in obstetrics and gynaecology with many world renowned specialists.
Raeghan has been in practice since 2003 and spent the last 10 years working at the leading natural fertility centre in Canada (Acubalance Wellness Centre). She is dedicated to treating all stages of women’s reproductive wellness, from enhancing fertility, through pregnancy, birth and postpartum. By working collaboratively with other health caregivers such as physicians, midwives and doulas Raeghan is able to provide the most comprehensive and effective care for her clients.
Because of Raeghan’s dedication to obstetrical care, she has developed and is currently teaching the “Acupuncture for Pain Management in Labour” program for midwives.
Raeghan is the co- founder and board member of the Canadian Association of Obstetrical Oriental Medicine (CAOOM)
When not working, you can find Raeghan at the beach with her husband, Dave, and daughters, Ardyn and Natalia.
- Graduate of the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Victoria, BC), 2003
- Registrant in good standing of the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of British Columbia since 2002.
- Member of the Traditional Chinese Medicine Association of British Columbia.
- Member of the Canadian Association of Oriental Obstetrical Medicine
Specialized TCM Training:
Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Treating Complex Gynecological Conditions with Evidence-based Acupuncture – Elisabet Stener-Victorin
- Obstetric Complications in Pregnancy – The ‘Red Flags’ for Acupuncturists by Sarah Budd
- Uterine Fibroids – 60 Years of Chinese Clinical Experience by Xu Jing-Sheng
- TCM Care and Management of the High Risk Pregnancy Patient – Dr. David Bray
- Acupuncture for Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum – Raven Lang
- Advance Acupuncture in Pregnancy – Jean Levesque
- Acupuncture in Pregnancy & Childbirth – Debra Betts
- TCM for Pregnancy and Postpartum – Sharon Weizenbaum
- Treatment protocols for Menopause and Endometriosis – Kiiko Matsumoto
- Chinese medicine approach to the treatment of Poor Ovarian Reserve – Brandon Horn
- Treatment strategies for PCOS, Weight Loss, & type 2 Diabetes – Sharon Weizenbaum
- Treating Infertility with Chinese medicine – Bob Flaws
- The Infertility Cure – Chinese wellness program – Randine Lewis
- Treatment of Infertility with Chinese medicine – Jane Lyttleton
Advanced Acupuncture and Tradtional Chinese Medicine
- Clarifying Diagnosis – Sharon Weizenbaum
- Masters class in Diagnosis – Bob Flaws
- Secrets of Chinese Pulse Diagnosis – Bob Flaws and Honora Lee Wolfe
- Motor Point Acupuncture – Matt Callison
- Facial Rejuvination – Virigina Doran
Complementary Skills & Training:
- Professional Labour Support (Douglas College Perinatal Programmes, Doula training)
- Therapeutic Touch
- Jin Shin Do
- Certified Aromatherapist